Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednomics: The Economics of Planning of a Wedding

The ring of your dreams is on your finger, you will be with the one you love forever, and you have spent a few days looking through bridal magazines (which is very important), daydreaming about what your celebration will look like.


As you begin to make your plans, the first, and probably most difficult, question you have to answer is what your wedding budget will be. You and your fiancé will need to discuss how much you can comfortably spend on this celebration. To come up with your final budget you may need to speak to your families to see if they will be contributing.

Over the next few weeks I will break down the expense of a wedding into a few different scenarios. For the purposes of writing this blog I am going to plan three fictitious weddings with a budget of $20,000 each. My hope is to illustrate a few options of how that budget can help each bride achieve the wedding of her dreams. My hope is to provide some industry insight along the way to make the planning journey go a bit smoother for each of you.


In order to do so, I want to be sure to answer your burning questions along the way. I am looking forward to reading your comments over the next week or so and addressing each of them in my “Wednomics” blogs to come.

BBFN (Bridal Bliss for Now),
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment