Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Path to a Perfect Venue

Navy Pier or Michigan Avenue
Modern Lux to Contemporary Art
Urban Chic or Historical Landmark
When it comes to hosting Conventions, Galas, Fundraisers but most importantly Weddings, Chicago has it all and done it all.

So how do you find the perfect venue to celebrate your nuptials? For starters make a list. List 5 things that you want at your wedding venue and most important, 5 things that you don’t want. This list won’t match you with the “Perfect” venue but it is a start. Feel free to add to the list.

Here are my 5 wants in a wedding venue and absolutely don’t want:

1. I want my wedding reception to be the only wedding at the venue.
2. I want food at the venue to be the showcase since I am such a foodie.
3. I want an old world romance charm to my dining room.
4. I want a venue that can accommodate 200 guests.
5. I want my cocktail reception in a separate area either outside the ballroom or away from the ballroom. Patio or Terrace would be ideal but not a deal breaker.

I don’t want from a wedding venue:

1. I don’t want to pay more than $150.00 per guest.
2. I don’t want a Friday or Sunday wedding.
3. I don’t want the venue off the beaten path.
4. I don’t want the venue to be more than 45min away from my ceremony location.
5. I don’t want the bar to close at midnight.

This should give the bridal couple a sense of their needs and wants. Marriage is about compromise, you may just start making some in your search to find the “Perfect Venue”.

BBFN (Bridal Bliss for Now) Olivia

Next blog: Can I find the best kept secret venue in Chicago. Any guesses as to where it may be?

No comments:

Post a Comment